image source pronamel.us
Hello, how are you doing?
Well, let's skip the basics and start a new series! New Year is around the corner and the one thing common about everyone’s new year every year are the broken resolutions, and we understand how stressful this can get. But fret not dear student of Beauty High, we are here to help you with a few tricks to stay on track with your resolutions and plans for 2023. Today we shall be talking in terms of one of the most common resolutions, that we are sure you put on your list every year but give up within the first few days. You guessed it right…
⏰ WAKING UP EARLY ⏰
Not us giving you credit for what we have already mentioned in the title of the blog XD.
Anyway, every year, with the newfound motivation of finding a new version of yourself with the beginning of a new year, we all decide that we have had enough. Enough of our parents taunting us at all times, enough of being considered a loser, enough of not being able to be THAT girl, enough of excuses, enough of laziness and enough of all the drama. It is time we strive towards perfection and fix our life. I am not made to suffer like this, I am made to run the world. The world is not ready for my transformation yet. The world will see the power of the new, effortlessly beautiful, and unstoppable me. I shall wake up before the sun has risen and meditate, workout, shower and take over the world. Yeah, for like two and a half days.
Anyway, to turn your two and half days to at least a week or two (we know you too well, don't we?), we have created a list of ways to make your waking up early journey a little easier.
Starting with our list now :
- Jump Out Of Bed - As crazy as it sounds, just force your body to jump out of bed as soon as you hear your alarm go off. This will wake your body up and you will find it harder to slack off back to sleep.
- Set 2 Alarms - One can be right beside you while the other should be across the room. Keep the alarm tone of this second alarm something really obnoxious and annoying so you have to force your body to get out of bed.
- Drink Cold Water As Soon As You Wake Up - Drinking cold water can wake your body up immediately and refresh you instantly, therefore you will not go back to sleep.
- Set A Bedtime - Adults need about 6-8 hours of sleep for a healthy functioning of your body and therefore sleeping on a fixed time everyday, almost and giving your 6-8 hours of rest, will make it easier for you to wake up on time as well.
- Plan Out A Fun Breakfast - If food is something you really look forward to, this is one of the best ways to be genuinely excited to wake up early in the morning.
- Schedule Your Most Important Activity Early In The Morning - This will force you to wake up, even if you don't want to because you need to complete a task.
- Plan Your Day Ahead - The night before you go to sleep, plan out your day beforehand and list down all your to dos. This way you will be more motivated to wake up early.
- Keep Your Curtains Open/Open Your Curtains Immediately After Waking Up - The light from the sun will wake you up. Even if the sun hasn’t risen, the light from before the sunrise is also enough to wake up your eyes.
- Plan Out Your Outfit For The Next Day - Before you go to bed, plan out an outfit for the next day. Keep your accessories and things ready. This way you are more likely to look forward to waking up early and getting out of bed, in order to see yourself in your chosen fit sooner.
- Use Your God Gifted Personal Alarm - Ask your mom for help. Disclaimer : We do not take responsibility for any physical or E-M-O-T-I-O-N-A-L D-A-M-A-G-E that this tip can potentially cause.
- Reward Yourself - Appreciate yourself and set goals, on achievement of which, you shall give yourself a reward. For example, making a cause and effect plan like - “ if I am able to wake up at 6 everyday this week, i will buy myself an ice cream. Or for every week you follow your routine, you deposit some money in your gift fund that you can redeem at the end of the month/year. The more consistent you are, the bigger reward you can get for yourself.
- Make Your Bed Immediately After Waking Up - This way you will be demotivated to go back to bed before its bedtime.
- Listen to Loud, Enthusiastic Music - Your brain will immediately energise your body and get rid of all hints of sleep because of the high intensity of the songs.
Here are our 13 tips for you to get your ass out of bed early! We will be back before you even notice, with our expert opinion and recommendations to help you achieve your desires this new year! Till then, stay safe, stay motivated!